Corporate and Commercial
We advise on all aspects of corporate law, including:
• Mergers, acquisitions and take overs
• Due diligence investigations and reports
• Private equity and venture capital
• Joint ventures and strategic alliances
• Corporate finance
• Restructurings, demergers and spin-offs
• General commercial advice and contracts
• We provide clients with practical and innovative advice on the structuring, negotiating, drafting and closing of a wide variety of commercial transactions.
Finance and Project Finance
We advise on a wide variety of transactions including:
• Bilateral and syndicated facilities
• Mezzanine finance
• Structured loans
• Convertible loans
• Preference share finance
• Project development finance, and
• Registration of notarial bonds.
- Representation in court proceedings in the High Court, the Supreme Court of Appeal, and the Constitutional Court of South Africa
- Advising on alternative dispute resolution
- Representation in arbitrations and regulatory tribunals
Business Rescue, Insolvency & Restructuring
- Assisting with business rescue applications (voluntary and through the court process)
- Advising business rescue practitioners and affected parties
- Advising liquidators and creditors in liquidation proceedings
- Advising on informal restructuring
We advise on Labour Relations Act, Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Employment Equity Act and related legislation.
We appear on behalf of clients at the Labour Court, Labour Appeals Court and specialised tribunals such as the CCMA and Bargaining Councils.
We assist in drafting employment related agreements, including standard and executive contracts of employment, opting out agreements and various settlement agreements.
Public Procurement Law
We offer advice on the public procurement process in line with section 217 of the Constitution. We assist clients with the interpretation of enabling legislation such as the Public Finance Management Act, the Promotion of Administrative Justice Act, the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act and the Treasury Regulations which give effect to section 217 of the Constitution.
We advise on all aspects of entertainment and copyright law with a specific focus on the music and film industries. We represent a variety of clients including record labels, publishing companies, film production companies, record producers, musicians, authors and actors. We advise in the negotiation of copyright-related transactions and copy-right related disputes.
Our team’s experience in this niche area of law allows us to offer advice on the application and interpretation of the Electoral Commission Act, Electoral Act, and the Local Government: Municipal Electoral Act. We also appear before specialised courts such as the Electoral Court.